Monday, August 30, 2010

Goals in life change in a moment!...2

At one point in life I wanted to be an artist. I spent two years of my life very seriously pursuing art with the hope that I would join the art college. I spent hours and days at the Kolkata museum sketching statues and figurines to get the exact proportions. My life was smudged with vivid shades of the water colour. I had so many hopes about my prospective career in art.  But then my art college entrance exams came few days after I had taken my admission for my literature classes. In fact, it coincided with the day I had my freshers welcome. The freshers welcome came with the prospect of such wonderful excitement of the clothes we would wear, of friendships we would make and of course the spells of ragging we would face, that I just did not go for my art entrance exams! In that brief yet decisive moment when I boarded a different bus my life changed.  Though I don't regret having studied literature. I do regret not having pursued art. Some times I wonder how different my life would be had I taken up art?

1 comment: